Canadian Experience Class

The CEC allows the individuals who had worked in Canada for at least 1 year to immigrate to Canada permanently.

Temporary foreign workers are best suited for this category. Moreover international students with a year of work experience in Canada are also eligible for this program . As their are a lot of advantages available under this as one doesn’t need to show funds and also students with work experience gets additional points under this category.

This CEC is for talented worker totally adapted to the Canadian culture and system and are willing to stay there.

Selected candidates must make an EOI in immigrating to Canada , create a express entry profile online and receive an invitation to apply for PR

CEC applicant must:-

  • Have obtained at least 1 year of skilled , professional or technical work experience in canada within 36 months of the application date
  • Meet the minimum required CLB of 5 or 7 depending on the level of the job
  • Plan to live and work outside of the province of Quebec .
  • Not be in admissible in Canada.

One has to stay in canada while the application processing period . Though one can remain out of canada but must have left the job within three years before applying for CEC.

In case the applicant is on work permit whose duration comes to an end than they may apply for bridging open work permit .As it will allow them to work till the application is in process.


Self-employment and work experience gained as a full time student does not count under this program . The work experience must be gained after graduation and on a valid work permit, such as the PGWP . any work performed in an unpaid internship capacity also will not count as valid work experience.

We at Swagat Immigration can help you apply for any of these visas. Call us at +(416)-939-3131 or email us at :