Travel Document

A Canadian travel document is for a permanent resident who is traveling outside Canada and does not have a valid PR Card to return to Canada.

It is issued to PR abroad to act as proof for the transportation company that the holder is entitled to re-enter Canada as a PR.

Eligibility to apply for travel document:

  • you are a PR
  • you do not have a valid PR card showing your PR status 
  • you are outside Canada
  • you will return to Canada by a commercial vehicles airplane, boat, train, or bus
  • you have lost your PR card and you need proof of your status to return to Canada

Before issuing a travel document, the Canadian immigration visa officer must be able to confirm, from the documents submitted:

  • the identity of the applicant 
  • that the applicant was once a Canadian PR
  • must be satisfied that the applicant has complied with the residency obligation of Canadian permanent residents.

Contact Us

We at Swagat Immigration can help you apply for any of these visas. Call us at +(416)-939-3131 or email us at :