Canadian citizenship is one of the most desired citizenship in the world an in order to achieve it one have to meet it’s eligibility criteria which is as follows;
Citizenship application eligibility requirements:-
- Permanent resident status:
- applicant must have a permanent resident status in canada and must not be the subject of an immigration investigation , an immigration inquiry or an order from canadian officials to leave canada
- Time lived in canada:
- regardless of the age , completed the required physical presence in canada, as a permanent resident i.e ; 3 years out of the five year period.
- before applicant became a permanent resident , their time spent in canada, within 5 years of applying for citizenship , count as half days towards physical presence requirement.
- Income tax filing:
- applicant must have paid their taxes for 3 years during the 5 years prior to their application
- Language abilities:
- if the applicant is 18 to 54years old , they will require to demonstrate that they are able to communicate in either french or english in order to become canadian citizen
- Your knowledge about canada:
- if the applicant is 18 to 54 old, they will need to pass a canadian citizenship test.
- Criminal offence:
- if the applicant has commited a crime , in or outside canada , they may be ineligible for citizenship for a period of time . Time spent serving a term of imprisonment ,parole,or probation doesn’t count as time they have lived in canada.
To calculate actual residency period use the IRCC residency calculator.