In order to apply under this category the candidate must provide the expression of interest and create online express entry profile and receive the invitation to apply prior to applying for it’s application.
The primary objective of FSTC is fulfill the requirements of Canadian workforce . Therefore , they recently started Federal skilled trades class FSTC making the applicant to get PR in Canada by working under some specific occupations.
Generally ,FSTC applicants may have lower CRS scores than other express entry programs .
In order to be eligible for the federal skilled trades class , an applicant must:-
- Have job offer from up or two employers in canada of at least 1 year duration or a certificate of qualification from a provincial or territorial body .
- Meet the minimum language proficiency from a designated language testing organization , demonstrating that the applicant meets the minimum benchmark.
- Have a minimum 24 months of qualified full time work experience in the skilled trade in the last 5 years before applying.
- Demonstrate the skills and experience for the job as per the NOC code and show that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation.
- Applicants must plan to reside outside the province of Quebec . The province of Quebec has its own immigration system
- Not be inadmissible in Canada.
A certificate of qualification proves that the applicant is certified to work in certain skilled trade in canada . With a certificate of qualification , applicants show they have passed a certification exam or met all the requirements to exercise their trade in a specific province.
Skilled work experience eligible for the FSTC fall into one of the following of the NOC:
- Major group 72: industrial, electrical and construction trades;
- Major group73: maintenance and equipment operation trades
- Major group 82: supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources , agriculture and related production;
- Major group 92: processing , manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators;
- Major group 632: chefs and cooks ; and
- Major group 633: butchers and brakes