Under this category there is special point that includes parents and grandparents of canadian citizen and PR .As the sucessful applicants of this category will receive canadian PR and may become eligible for citizenship.
In an intiative of bringing more and more families to canada they have increased the amount for the parents and grandparents sponsorship program (PGP) to 20,000 in 2019
The program clearly works on the motto of first come first serve basis, lottery system that was a part of it 2 years ago . But under the new model of first come first serve the applicant will be invited in the same order in which their interest of sponsor form was received
Requirements for the sponsor:
- The sponsor should be canadian citizen or PR holder
- the sponsor should be 18 years of age or older
- The sponsor should exceed the minimum necessary income level for this program
- The sponsor should sign an undertaking to repay any provincial social assistance benefits paid to the sponsor and accompanying family member, if any, for a period of 20 years
- if the sponsor reides in quebec an additional “undertaking” must be signed
Requirements for the sponsored person:
- The sponsor person must be the parent or grandparent of the sponsor.
The sponsor have to show the proof of income eligibilty through submitting notices of tax assessment from the canadian revenue agency (CRA) in support of their sponsorship and that shall be enough to financially support the sponsor for 3 sequencial years and in case they can’t than they shall apply for super visa as the finance support is required for 1 year only and that too is 30%less than this.